Content Operations Insights Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Media Products (AMP) is an exciting environment and a dynamic development organization. With customers around the world, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books, podcasts, and, of course, apps. AMP Production Operations team provides unified content operations support and services across all content teams and finds value for both Apple and its Customers by ensuring extraordinary quality and discoverability of content and its metadata. We are looking for a skilled and passionate Insights Analyst with Project Management experience to join our team who will play an integral role in driving content operations excellence and metadata health. You will support Apple Media Products growth, both top and bottom line by applying the same level of innovation towards content matters as we do towards our products and services. We're looking for people with the ability to ship complex analytics products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position and will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof- of-concept, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Our team analyzes big data across customer and content provider touch points in order to develop critical metrics and deep insights to measure coverage and quality to help drive strategy for content discoverability through metadata. We collaborate deeply with partners across Business, Product, Engineering, Content Curation and Data Engineering teams. You will use your ability to see beyond the data and translate information into impactful business insights and work to identify, evaluate and prioritize operational improvements. A strong background in operational fundamentals is a requirement but you have more. You take ownership and feel a personal stake in the products we ship. Responsibilities and scope are communicated clearly. Our team values integrity, and where there is uncertainty, we strive to bring order. As a key member of the team, you keep your eye on the ball, use good judgement, build positive relationships and are constantly looking to improve yourself and the team.
- 7 + years of recent experience in a data science or senior data analyst role.
- Project management experience in analytics, big data engineering(Hadoop/Hive), or software development.
- Technical proficiency with either past programming, big data, infrastructure, analytics, and/or data governance and integrity
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
- You stay focused and can prioritize full workload while achieving exceptional quality in a dynamic, highly cross-functional and fast-paced environment.
- You have excellent presentation, communication and social skills, with strong attention to detail.
- A strong business approach including developing and exercising cross-functional influence
- Ability to translate nuanced analysis and technical concepts into clear and concise takeaways for business leaders.
- Passion for improving the customer experience by seeing opportunities for operational improvements.
- Strong understanding of large-scale content management systems and data modeling is preferred.
- Familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.) is highly preferred.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS -
- Expert-level SQL is required and programming experience using R/Python/Scala within Hadoop, Spark/Hive required.
- Proficiency in data systems, automation tools, and web-based data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insights synthesis and presentation is required.
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships in business and technical terms.
- Comfort working with ambiguous and unproven data.
- Expert-level competency working with large volumes of data while realizing limitations of small samples.
- Aptitude for synthesizing complex data into key components that drive informed decisions.
In this role, you will regularly balance AMP Storefront and Production Operations analytics projects and initiatives. This role is integral to Operations and will be valuable in providing insights to teams across AMP, and drive an impact to content operational processes and product direction. Drive and ship large, multi-functional Business data analytics and data services projects including infrastructure and platform features to support analytics and reporting for AMP Production Operations. Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent projects and features including scope, requirements, timelines, partner management, communications, and risk assessments Collaborate cross-functionally with AMP Content Teams, Product Management, Engineering, Analytics, Legal, Privacy and other organizations to manage analytics tools and pipelines to support new Apple Media Product features and reporting. Work with these teams as a thought partner to understand product/feature implementations Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself) Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the data analytics, data services and infrastructure teams. Understand and work on projects with multi-functional schedules, across Analytics Engineering, other Apple groups (e.g. Data teams, data science teams, business teams) Partner with other organizations on data gathering, data governance, redefining data with reporting tools and evangelizing critical metrics. Deep dive into large-scale data to identify key insights and critical metrics that help steer content operations strategy and deliver meaningful and measurable findings that create business value. Help unearth key content metadata trends based on content discovery and usage data. Provide valuable insights, to execute investigations with short-term and long term workable solutions.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in technical field (math, statistics, engineering, computer science, analytics, or similar) 5-7+ years proven ability in the digital media or technology industry