Xcode Infrastructure Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Because our tools are our products, our team has the unique opportunity to improve our development environment daily as we build software for our users. Imagine what you could do here. The Xcode team is seeking a creative and highly motivated engineer to help design and build next generation collaboration features. We provide industry-leading tools to develop software for Apple’s innovative iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS platforms, and as a member of our team you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply personal experience to enhance and augment the tools millions of developers use every day.
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift
- Experience developing software using Xcode
- Passion for software maintainability, organization, testability, and readability
- Established history of leadership and self-direction
- Demonstrated ability for creative and critical thinking
- Highly developed problem-solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of designing and developing client-service architectures and APIs
- Deep understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
- Comfortable with conducting design meetings/reviews
- Able and interested to help mentor more junior engineers
- Positive, can-do attitude
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the architectural vision of some of Xcode’s core workflows. You will develop and shepherd new features, host technical design discussions, conduct API reviews, and work closely with management to understand and prioritize issues, feature investments and refactoring efforts. You have a strong passion for software development, a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, and demonstrated experience in technical leadership, including a passion for mentoring and growing more junior engineers on the team. You must be comfortable with established and complex codebases and have a passion for developer tools.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- • Familiarity with AppKit and/or UIKit
- • Experience authoring developer-facing software, including tools, libraries or SDKs
- • Past experience in project management, including scheduling/prioritization, is a plus
- • If possible, we’d love to see an example of your relevant work, such as a personal project or open source contribution