Electrical Test Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware and software for Apple products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- 5+ years relevant experience, familiar with camera components and functions.
- Good EE fundamentals and excellent problem solving skills
- Validation/characterization experience with high speed signal integrity and power integrity
- Comfortable to use all types of electrical equipments (scope, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, DMM, etc)
- Hands on for scripting language, Python or Matlab, to automate instruments and data collection/analysis.
- Hands on for prototyping solution and electrical testing methodology
- Capable of managing different projects in parallel
- Great interpersonal skills
Join in early stage new technology and module sub-system bring up Collaborate with design engineer to define validation plan and create test cases Component and board level electrical characterization and performance verification Conduct data analysis and assist design engineer for problem solving and design optimization. Work cross-functionally to set up test requirements and outline DFT (design for test) feedback to design team. Drive vendors for solution selection, tester design, bring up and implementation to meet high precision and high volume needs. Conduct failure analysis for engineering and MP builds
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent
- Knowledge of camera module integration
- Experience in ATE and ICT in high volume production environment
- ~25% travel to both Apple and suppliers’ facilities will be required for testing development and production bring up