Metadata Operations Data Focused Project Manager, TV & Movies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Metadata is at the heart of Apple Media Products (AMP), powering key aspects of the customer experience including UI, search, and Siri. Metadata Operations is responsible for ensuring world-class quality and discoverability of AMP metadata. As a data focused project manager, you will play a central role in delivering new metadata-driven features that will improve the customer experience of our TV and movie products. You will be taking a hand on approach to ensuring our data projects are driven to completion. You will be required to understand the inner-workings of our products and implement technical and tactical solutions to boost our operational efficiency. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- 5 to 8+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Science/Data Analyst role or similar experience
- Project management experience including working cross-functionally and leading requirements gathering processes and status review meetings
- History of working with Python and its data visualization libraries as well as tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- A strong understanding of sophisticated large-scale media content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data
- Experience parsing large structured and semi-structured datasets and visualizing them in a digestible format for the audience
- Functional experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, etc…
- Experience crafting web applications and/or API development a plus
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from datasets and translate into high level strategy and measurable tasks
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive and willing to lead the hard calls
- A real passion for TV, Movies and other video content
Acquire a deep understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Conduct assessments on our catalog to identify coverage and quality challenges; develop data-driven solutions to address these challenges at a large scale. Identify, evaluate and procure potential solutions to improve our catalog health. Onboard data suppliers for integration into our catalog; ensure compliance to strict quality standards and technical specifications. Work closely with Engineering teams to implement new tooling and improvements. Recognize and act on opportunities for automation. Gather and define feature requirements, propose solutions, obtain agreements, settle on timelines and supervise implementation progress. Develop project KPIs to measure success and regularly report on status. Build collaborative relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners. Identify and tackle opportunities to enrich and drive metadata quality across various content types and platforms while considering long term impact. Look around corners, preparing for the future of metadata in Apple Media Products with customer experience in mind.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS or comparable experience with a focus in Data Science/Data Analytics - Proven experience in the digital media or technology industry