Project Manager - SAP Financials
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is well known around the globe for remarkable products and innovation. But did you know that Apple also has one of the world's most sophisticated, streamlined and innovative behind the scenes IT infrastructures? The Enterprise Financial Systems team is responsible for implementing cutting-edge solutions across a diverse financial systems landscape. They are at the core of our ability to support the challenging business needs and are critical to the day-to-day operations at Apple. We, the IS&T SAP Financials Systems team are seeking an experienced project delivery lead who will own a portfolio of projects and work along with the SAP project delivery teams across global locations. This role will be a catalyst for change and will help drive the offshore teams at vendor sites to ensure timely delivery of high quality solutions.
- Minimum 10 years of SAP Financials design and implementation experience across multiple FI and CO modules.
- Known to work in driving and delivering large enterprise global financial solution programs on time and on budget.
- Strong global / multinational core Finance process experience with R2R, P2P, O2C, Taxation, Financial Planning, and Reporting in ECC, BW, HANA and other BI environments.
- Deep knowledge with the core SAP FI & CO modules, and understanding of key integration points across MM and SD modules.
- Good knowledge in third party tax engines like Vertex, Thomson reuters.
- Treasury, ReadSoft, Vistex, IBM Datacap (OCR), IBM Tririga Leasing are a plus.
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and be comfortable leading large teams.
- Large outsourced IT service vendor management experience and solid vendor partnership and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to lead change in highly dynamic, fast-paced and constantly evolving environments.
- Operated successfully in a multi-functional environment with a good understanding of group dynamics in matrix organizations.
- Good judgement and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, and handling conflicts directly, immediately and constructively.
- Solid executive communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to produce executive level briefings.
- Prior experience in high tech and software industries is beneficial.
As SAP Financial Systems Delivery Lead we seek your contributions in implementing world-class global financial systems for a large portfolio of projects. It is key this individual is able to not only lead effectively in a global, fast paced, matrixed environment, and also enjoy it. The role requires ability to coordinate with the global IS&T solution teams on solution design and development, as well as directly with the business to understand processes and requirements, and lead their teams through the full project lifecycle including complex designs. We look forward to your partnering across the Finance organization and within Corporate IS&T to influence the successful delivery of key solutions that have direct business impact, and accordingly must demonstrate strong business acuity and technical knowledge. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Work with the offshore vendors' delivery leads on critical deliverables including skill set, quality of resources, offshore/onsite ratio, tenure and attrition. - Work with both the offshore delivery leads and Apple managers to maximize efficiency and utilization of the offshore project teams. - Champion SAP methodologies, processes and standards in the offshore project team. - Work directly with the business users to define scope and analyze business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, performing necessary SAP configurations, writing detail specifications for development of custom programs, testing and implementing the automated solutions. - Guide the offshore delivery team through solution design, development, testing, cutover, warranty support, and handoff to the SAP Support team. - Present and playback solution designs to the IS&T design governance team, as well as directly to the business users. - Facilitate and drive consensus with key constituents.
Education & Experience
CA or Bachelors degree in Accounting with past accounting work experience is highly preferred. Certifications in SAP and project management are a plus.