Metadata Operations TV+ Specialist, AMP Video
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Metadata is at the heart of Apple Media Products (AMP), powering key aspects of the customer experience including UI, search, and Siri. Metadata Operations is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, quality, and discoverability of Apple Originals and all other movies and tv shows offered in the TV app experience and Universal Search, globally. We’re looking for a self-motivated, resourceful metadata specialist with a real passion for media metadata to take TV+ to the next level. As part of the TV+ metadata team, you will be responsible for managing the TV+ metadata catalog, driving and enriching the metadata’s accuracy and quality, and identifying and seeking opportunities for technical and tactical solutions to better the customer experience. We’re growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking, creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience and do your life’s best work.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of metadata and how it affects the user experience.
- A deep understanding of complex, large-scale media content management systems. Ability to read XML is preferred.
- An understanding of the TV app’s services and features. Familiarity with TV+ content is a plus.
- Experience running multiple on-going projects in a fast-paced environment and hitting hard deadlines, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively and clearly scope projects, define and communicate action items and goals, and strategize and innovate for a consistent record for improving processes and building efficiencies.
- Capacity to diagnose issues and the persistence to see them through closure. Really, the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus, and spread influence with cross-functional partners, domestic and abroad.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, impeccable follow-through, and ability to see how the details fit into the big picture of a global product.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, comfortable with ambiguity, decisive and willing to lead and own the hard calls.
- Capable to work independently or in a group with direct or cross-functional colleagues. Experience working with a contingent workforce is a plus.
- Hold a real passion for TV+, tv, movies or other video content.
Acquire an expert-level understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Manage the TV+ metadata catalog, overseeing newly ingested data for featured content, outstanding issues present in the service, and execute on update implementations. Collaborate with other video-specific teams located in Cupertino and Southern California to ensure TV+ data quality and integration into our systems. Partner with colleagues spread across multiple geographic locations to assign tasks to a contingent workforce and ensure timelines and deliverables are met. Work closely with this contingent workforce fielding questions and reported issues, develop courses of action, establish and document standards and guidelines for managing the TV+ catalog. Analyze the TV+ data health and work closely with engineering teams to identify, diagnose, and quickly bring functional issues to resolution. Proactively and frequently communicate the status of TV+ metadata quality to domestic and international business and editorial teams as well as other key stakeholders. Maintain and improve workflows, ensuring efficiency and quality of the work while recognizing and acting on opportunities such as process improvements and tool enhancements. Look around corners, preparing for the future of metadata in the TV app and related Apple Media Products with the customer experience in mind.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience
- May need to work, at times, outside of standard business hours
- May need to provide on-call support during off hours
- May need ability to work remotely due to COVID-19
- May need to travel to Southern California offices