Security Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore a new application domain with a talented and collaborative team? Apple's Technology Development Group is seeking a skilled Security Software QA Engineer to help us develop and test a suite of graphically intense and highly interactive applications. As a member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new technology that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a Software QA Engineer role, or comparable experience
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, assessing risk, and filing appropriate defects
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies & practices
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment within your team and beyond
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As a Security Quality Assurance Engineer you'll need to take an active role in shaping the quality and security of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, creating test plans, bug reporting and triaging, identifying automation opportunities, and supporting design reviews. You'll help us identify holes in coverage, actively sync with multi-functional teams to reduce duplication, foster better testing, and resist regressions. A passion for building secure products and protecting customer data is key. We are building a passionate and diverse team that will span a broad range of applications, tools, and frameworks. We need your help to reach Apple's high standards of quality.
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Ability to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently
- Good understanding of software development and the QA life cycle
- Familiar with 3D computer graphics concepts a plus
- Experience and/or willingness to learn Objective-C / Swift a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.