Display Firmware Engineer/Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a forward-thinking and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display and SOC architects, and display technology teams to validate display pipeline architectures across all key display products. In this role you will be collaborating with software and hardware architects, designers, and validation engineers from our software design, silicon design and display engineering teams to help develop firmware for display systems, prototypes and investigative new technologies.
- 5+ years experience in following areas:
- Experience with embedded processor cores (ARM preferred)
- Experience interfacing embedded processor to peripherals
- Experience with C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience debugging with JTAG, SWD, Oscilloscopes, and/or Logic analyzers
- Development experience on macOS, Unix, or Linux preferred.
- Knowledge of different display technologies, such as LCD, OLED, etc is preferred
- Knowledge of signal processing and its applications to display processing is preferred
As part of the Display Architecture team, you will be ultimately be responsible for helping to define end-to-end Display Architectures, including overall system architecture for mobile displays. As a Firmware engineer/architect, you will be architecting, implementing, and maintaining complex FW designs, helping to select embedded processors, guiding HW/FW/SW partitioning, investigating and evaluating new display technologies, and developing prototypes.
Education & Experience