Freight Desk Procurement Manager, WW Logistics
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This role is part of the Worldwide Logistics Procurement Team. The position will be based in Austin, TX and will be reporting to the Freight Desk Manager, who is based in Cupertino, California. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. As a Logistics Supply Manager, we are providing the end-2-end management solution for project logistics supporting Apple’s global procurement teams. The team works cross functionally with Apple employees and business units to identify logistics spend in areas outside of Apple produced goods and determines solutions for reducing costs and improving logistics performance in these areas. These solutions include bidding out project logistics to multiple freight forwarders, selecting the appropriate and cost-effective forwarder, and running it operationally from pick-up to delivery all the way through to freight payment.
- Problem solving attitude in which you can work collaboratively with different functions to develop creative solutions and drive those solutions through implementation
- Work diligently and thoroughly through a process to ensure end-2-end management of the logistics process is completed
- Analytical background with an ability to process complex data sets
- Enthusiasm and energy required to garner support from cross functional groups and get results
- Validated strong analytical abilities and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Solid experience in transportation/logistics industry or experience with large-scale corporate level transportation/logistics RFI & RFQ
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility
•Collaborating with business customers across Apple and the freight forwarders ensuring end-to-end freight services. Tracking, reporting and managing day-to-day service requests and supporting blocking issues for timely and complete updates •Working to develop logistics solutions and process mapping the solutions to define the roles and responsibilities and deliverables of those solutions that can be measured and reported •Implementing efficient finance processes to streamline the billing and tracking of the service costs to Apple’s customers and provide efficient billing processes for Apple’s suppliers •Transparent quote management to enable the best service offering to Apple’s business customers of cost, quality and velocity. Supplier quote ownership to drive benchmarking of services •Responsible for Apple freight Suppliers’ key performance indicators for operations to deliver and exceed customer expectations •Tracking, monitoring and reporting of service delivery on a per request basis to ensure 100% compliance with customer targets •Raising PR’s for service requests, tracking PR status and closure to final billing •Identifying process efficiencies and continuous improvement planning within the freight services •Incident service management through investigation of root cause, corrective and preventative actions and claims/loss resolution •Relationship management with Apple’s internal customers with accurate, timely and complete reporting on service performance •Passion and experience of measuring, reporting and driving improvements in the environmental impact of logistics operations
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or related field required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- •7+years experience within a multinational logistics service provider / freight forwarder in the capacity of global account management
- •Knowledge and experience working with web-based sourcing tools
- •Solid understanding of freight forwarding operations in range of products covering machine tools, components, finished goods, commodities, technology equipment etc.
- •Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel