Real Estate Manager, Corporate Real Estate & Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your real estate knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. The Real Estate Manager, Corporate RE&D will lead coordination of domestic and international real estate property acquisition and disposal activities. You will drive multiple projects in various stages of planning, investigation, negotiation, execution through implementation.
- 8+ years of transaction experience in commercial or corporate real estate with familiarity of construction practices as well as managing external teams
- Experienced in all facets of acquisition, administration and disposition of leased/owned property. Skills to include land and building acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, industrial/warehouse leasing, subleasing, sale–lease back and license agreements
- Skilled in negotiating multi-million dollar, complex real estate transactions including: performance of associated financial analysis to support recommendations, management and negotiation of entitlement process including development agreements and negotiation support of state and local tax incentives
- Experienced in overseeing tenant improvement projects or some familiarity with construction practices
- Real estate development and entitlement experience
- Skilled in the following areas: negotiations, written and oral communication, financial analytics modeling and budgeting
- Strong planning, tracking, evaluating and reporting on the performance of assigned activities
- Energetic and extremely flexible; motivated and comfortable working in an incredibly fast and fluid organization
- Ability to travel internationally
- International commercial real estate experience a plus
Focus on strategic planning for the acquisition and disposition of Apple owned facilities properties, including financial analysis, market information, offering terms and conditions, marketing materials, contract review, and negotiations. Manage current real estate assets by anticipating lease renewals and terminations and all critical dates, lowering and auditing operating expenses, managing subleases and collecting sublease rents, coordinating landlord approval of alterations, completing estoppel certificates, paying rents and property taxes on a timely basis, and assisting in property tax appeals. Review and update real estate best practices, forms and documents and enhancements to the real estate database that will improve the quality of real estate delivery. Develop benchmarking standards, and key metrics and update periodically. Provide project and construction management for field projects and coordinate conformance to lease requirements such as acquiring landlord consent, negotiating restoration requirements and collection of Tenant Improvement dollars. Responsible for completion and due diligence required for all real estate acquisitions. Prepare financial and sensitivity analysis for all transactions and projects. Develop business justification and recommendations for presentation to user groups and executive management team for approval. Coordinate with facility maintenance program and services for field sites. Partner with corporate wide functions to assist in the development of short and long range real estate requirements. Maintain excellent relationships with internal customers, senior management, legal, tax, risk management, landlords, vendors, consultants, local and state officials and outside brokers throughout the U.S.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree from an accredited institution; MBA and/or JD preferred. We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.