Technical Program Manager - Watch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting brand at Apple. You will lead a team of engineers (DFx, DFm, test, SQE, PQE, etc.) and others in support of new product development as well as sustaining operations and ensuring the contract manufacturer readiness for very high volume production. You will bring your knack and thirst to drive all technical operational issues related to SMT and system integration processes to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable operational success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of experience in engineering and manufacturing.
- Meaningful experience in introducing products into manufacturing, or high volume production a large plus.
- Excellent project management skills, experience working in a matrix organization.
- Direct experience leading any of the following functional engineering teams a plus (ME, EE, TE, DFX, Etc.).
- Shown bottom line project management experience. (Planning, Cost, & Delivery).
- Experience working with International OEM partners.
- Ability to travel internationally 30-35%.
- You should have the ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment.
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired.
- You should have validated working experience with DFM & DFx
- Consistent record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required.
- Required to understand and tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T principles a plus
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, servomotors, PLC and PC-based control systems a plus.
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
Lead cross-functional activities in the supply chain for overall operational readiness in all NPI phases leading into Mass Production. Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams in developing manufacturing Blueprint including process flow, equipment / fixture designs, implementation schedules, and validation plans prior to any Engineering build. Evaluate prospective suppliers regarding production capability & quality management. Drive project technical and operational issues with material, process, fixtures, equipment etc. during NPI phase to enable delivery of a mature product and manufacturing process into Mass Production. Lead suppliers by providing technical direction to establish and validate (utilizing statistical tools) process capability to Apple standards in meeting innovative product designs as well as test and quality requirements. Utilize DOE, FMEA, and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process parameters. Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered. Act as Ops technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks. Develop robust processes for FA on customer returns to synthesize Voice of Customer into both process changes and product development cycles.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering