Software Engineering Manager, SDN - Apple Network Infrastructure
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Within Apple we build and operate a global scale network infrastructure the connects compute and storage in delivering services such as iCloud, iTunes, Maps, Siri. We are in the process of building Software defined network virtualization platform to support the growing cloud environment. Our deployment scale brings unique and fundamental challenges driving radical innovation in the space of large-scale system design, networking and security. We are seeking key individuals who are passionate about building and operating a highly scalable, fault-tolerant and robust systems to support one of the largest infrastructures. As a part of the SW engineering manager role, you will be responsible for providing technical and leadership expertise to deliver products. You will also be managing a team of software engineers in providing leadership guidance on product development strategy, software architecture, design and code optimization.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on development of systems
- Minimum 4 years of experience in leading team of engineers
- Solid foundation in architectural design, data structures and algorithms
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize, push aggressive deadlines and drive closures
- Deep understanding of distributed systems design principles
- Understanding of network routing and switching platforms and protocols
Manage a team of software engineers who are building software defined networking stack Individual hands-on contribution into development effort Drive the best design principles/rationals and ensure craftsmanship in the development process Drive and establish standard methodologies for process and tools Drive the projects from architectural concepts to development to production Manage collaboration with Network architects, Ops/Engineering and the Application teams We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer science or related field