Sr Technical Program Manager, Security (Strategic Initiatives)
Seattle, Washington, United States
This position can be located in Austin (TX), Boulder (CO), or Seattle (WA), Santa Clara Valley (CA), or San Francisco (CA) Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple Information Security is looking for a highly skilled, multi-faceted Senior Technical Program Manager with proven experience managing complex information security programs. We are seeking someone who is self-starting with great interpersonal skills, passionate about driving quality within an organization, and has experience in improving organization process, communication, and collaboration. You’ll drive the adoption of standards and tooling that enable our teams to do their best work at Apple. You are willing to wear any hat necessary, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of experience managing large highly complex programs/projects utilizing Agile/Scrum, Kanban and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience driving key information security, compliance, and other regulatory requirements internally and externally to the organization
- Knowledge/familiarity of OWASP framework and vulnerabilities
- Cross-functional leadership skills
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, and an ability to handle multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment
- Strong problem solving abilities in both ambiguous and tactical situations
- Proven communication skills with a knack for fostering positive relationships
- Curious, flexible, and a dedicated problem solver. Listening and learning is key.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Naturally accountable, responsible and self-motivated
- Flexible and quick to adapt to sudden changes and issues
- Highly analytical and accustomed to using data to tell a story and build influence
- Experience with Keynote, Pages, Numbers, and other Apple tools or equivalent
This position requires a Senior Technical Program Manager who provides leadership and hands-on management for strategic programs that are large in size, span multiple divisions of Apple, and are aimed at improving processes to optimize information security program effectiveness. In this role, you’ll navigate loosely-defined problem spaces and turn them into clear programs by considering the big-picture and driving execution across teams. You’ll drive planning, prioritization, and program execution to protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and lead efforts to protect customer data and other highly sensitive information. You will establish relevant metrics and KPIs and consistently report status, risks, and budget with a high level of accuracy to stakeholders and leadership. Great people management and time management skills are key as you will interface with various functional groups, program/project teams, and other stakeholders across Apple to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers to program success. You will collaborate with DRIs and stakeholders to manage the activity plan,, resources, dependencies, and deliverables to ensure that project execution meets or exceeds established Program Office standards. Other Responsibilities: Handle the day-to-day aspects of the project and its scope, including possible conflicting priorities and business interests - be firmly in the weeds with your partners. Establish relationships and understand others’ goals, objectives, and commitments. Drive decisions, and conflict resolution with neutral, empathic, data-driven communications. Identify resources needed and assign individual/team responsibilities to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met. Create and maintain comprehensive project support documents to share with teams that will support new configurations or hardware. Obtain approval from key partners at appropriate tollgates, and ensure that all stakeholders are informed of progress and challenges. Identify process and project improvement areas, and propose and implement solutions. Work cross-functionally to identify resource strain and dependency clusters, follow up on outstanding issues, and assist with issue identification and replication.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent work experience
- * Agile certification a plus
- * CISSP and related security certifications a plus
- * Experience working on software development or network-centric projects a plus