Hardware Methodologies Tools and Solutions (HMTS) Technical Program Manager - IT
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next extraordinary Apple product. Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our multi-layered group, you will get the outstanding and great opportunity to craft upcoming IT solutions that enable Apple’s product design teams to delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join a team redefining IT solutions? We are searching for a hardworking technical project manager to join our exciting team of problem solvers.
- Proven track record to craft and maintain program plans that include business justifications, charters, work breakdown structures, schedules, communication, risk, and change management
- Experience and understanding of PM best practices, methodologies, and terminology
- A track record of shepherding Information Technology (IT) projects including physical and virtual infrastructure; networking; servers; storage; Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployments; and configuration management.
- Familiar with Tier-1 and Tier-2 support processes
- Facilitate clear project communication that ensures alignment
- Deftly navigate conflicting stakeholder interests to drive consensus
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, able to articulate sophisticated business and technical situations to different audiences
- Proficient in office tools including Pages/Word, Numbers/Excel, and Keynote/PowerPoint
- Understanding of information management tools like Confluence, JIRA, and Quip
- Ability to lead project roles and responsibilities
- Leadership presence that ensures participation and engagement from stakeholders
- Assess and analyze the impacts of changes to inter-related systems, user workflows, processes and touch points with other initiatives
- Remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Preferred qualifications:
- PMP or equivalent work experience
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), storage, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and datacenter management
- Experience leading projects that transform IT processes to achieve corporate, partner, and team goals
Work with IT engineers and management from various functional teams to plan, build, and deliver extraordinary Infrastructure-as-a-Product solutions. Implement an effective communication strategy to ensure that business partners and the organization stay informed. Apply best-practice PM methodologies to improve project efficiency. You will drive intelligent decision making by consolidating and validating data from multiple sources. You will also coordinate and lead highly effective meetings and facilitate productive discussions. In addition craft, present level-appropriate updates to senior staff and conduct periodic Program Reviews with SME’s and key decision makers to keep all project efforts on track.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree and 5+ years of confirmed experience