Applied Networking QA and Operations Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a manager to help us craft the future direction of the Applied Networking QA and Operations team. The Applied Networking team is responsible for Continuity features, AirDrop and Sharing, critical system frameworks, and cutting edge features! We focus on ensuring the quality, performance, reliability and compatibility of these technologies. The team is also responsible for building essential tools and infrastructure. We need someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with rapidly changing priorities, and someone creative and inspired to invent new ways to help build better products.
- Experience leading and developing a team of highly skilled engineers in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in Manual and Automated testing
- Track record of testing and shipping high quality apps or frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
In this role, you’ll be the hands-on manager of the Applied Networking QA and Operations team. You’ll lead the team and be involved in triaging, automated and manual testing, building infrastructure, making customer feedback actionable, and developing new processes. You will work closely with the Applied Networking UI and Frameworks teams, and will work with multi-functional teams across all of our platforms. * Leading, mentoring, and hiring screeners, manual and automated QA engineers, and tools and integration engineers * Representing the team in technical and project meetings * Partnering with project management, cross-functional partners, and the leadership team to define product features, specifications, and schedules * Scoping and prioritizing testing and infrastructure deliverables
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- * Familiarity with source control systems
- * Detailed understanding of the OS, networking, and other sub-systems