Data Engineering/Analyst- Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love solving sophisticated challenges and are passionate about data? Are you an inventive, self-starter who takes pride in seeing ideas come to life on a global scale? If so, come check out our Apple Cloud Services team! We get to influence data led decisions that touch billions of Apple’s customers every day! This is a hands-on full stack data analyst role that provides data driven insight to improve revenue, margin and the customer experience of iCloud services. You will build data engineering assets and statistical models to surface meaningful business insights and communicate results and ideas to key decision makers. You will work closely with multi-functional teams such as marketing, finance, product engineering teams, understand their processes and analytic needs and provide insights that benefit Apple. This is a small and outstanding technology team passionate about addressing all the big-data processing needs for iCloud. We are developing a platform that can accomplish any task with an intuitive, simple to use user interface, and easy deployment to production. Come check us out!
- - 5+ years of experience in analyzing data and reporting
- - Strong data mining and statistical modeling background
- - Experience in data engineering in Big Data systems
- - Expertise in designing Data Models for high performance and scalability
- - Experience with Spark, Hadoop or other distributed frameworks
- - Recent experience in working with complex analytical SQL queries on big Data and Scala
- ADDITIONAL SUCCESS FACTORS
- - Understanding Subscription based business
- - Excellent written and verbal communication
- - Self motivated, independent and proactive
- - Ability to work with cross functional teams, set priorities and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously on tight deadlines
- Performing adhoc data analysis - Build data engineering assets using Scala, Python and other big data SQL technologies - Operationalize the data engineering workflows - Build visualizations to communicate insights and analytics findings. - Presenting findings to other groups and senior management.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS/BE in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Ops Research etc.) APPLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT IS COMMITTED TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY. WE ALSO TAKE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO OFFER EMPLOYMENT AND ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING MINORITIES, WOMEN, PROTECTED VETERANS, AND INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. APPLE WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE OR RETALIATE AGAINST APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCLOSE, OR DISCUSS THEIR COMPENSATION OR THAT OF OTHER APPLICANTS.