AI/ML - UI Engineer, Siri Understanding
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri Natural Language Understanding team is seeking an experienced User Interface Engineer. We develop and extend Siri’s NLU to enable understanding of complex, nuanced intents and support the growth of Siri’s functionality & usefulness. As a UI Engineer, you will be responsible for building the intent rendering visualizations and annotation interfaces that will be integral for developing our next generation of NLU technologies. You will be working directly with NLU data scientists and modeling engineers. Your work will receive immediate adoption and feedback from stakeholders, project managers, and linguistic annotators. You’ll have the opportunity to positively impact data annotation quality and throughput, and thereby improve and expedite our NLU model development efforts, helping us deliver a better Siri virtual assistant to our global user base. Join us, and play a part in the ongoing revolution in human-computer interaction.
- Ability to deliver consistent high quality results while working in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with CSS3 and Less/Sass (ability to write mixins, partials, functions, etc) and usage in large scale applications.
- Proficient knowledge of Git and NPM.
- Experience in Single Page Application architecture.
- Experience with testing frameworks.
- Experience with UI build systems (webpack, ember-cli) and automation. Capable of learning new programming languages.
- Very articulate communicator in both written and spoken contexts.
- A minimum of 5 plus years of experience building complex, large scale web applications. - Should have a passion for data visualization, and turning complex data into clear information through interaction. - Should have the ability to understand underlying data models and our data API. Previous exposure to big data, data quality, and data science are also a plus. - Must be able to interpret requirements and make informed design decisions. - Should collaborate with partner teams to deliver high-quality finished products that conform to existing design patterns and utilize standard libraries and conventions. - Acute attention to detail and a dedication to deliver a high-quality, stable delivery. - Should be results-oriented; driven to achieve and exceed commitments. - Needs to possess a strong passion to work in a growing, energizing environment of innovation.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience