System Power Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our multifaceted group, you will have the unique and phenomenal opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. We're looking for a smart, self-driven engineer who loves to test their skills against new and diverse challenges. We have a role that will push you to do your best, to be your most creative and to invent new technology that affects billions of users. This is your opportunity to join the elite team responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices.
- Innovative and critical thinker with proven analytical skills and innate curiosity.
- High programming proficiency (Python, C/C++) to handle/structure large data sets.
- Hands-on experience with prototype hardware and familiarity with hardware debug equipment.
- Highly professional, collaborative, with extraordinary interpersonal communication skills.
- Mathematical expertise in statistical methods and data processing and visualization.
- Desire to bring data-driven decision-making and analytics to improve our products.
- Basic understanding of concepts of energy consumption, estimation, and low power design, as well as a general understanding of hardware and software architecture of mobile systems.
- Embedded programming (real-time OS, C/C++) and familiarity with MacOS software development are a plus.
You will be responsible for developing, testing and evolving the power control architecture deployed in Apple products. You will determine and test exciting use-cases to build and curate a scalable set of system power test cases. You will perform hands-on power analysis in collaboration with a wide range of cross-functional teams including software developers, system and component teams. You will bring to light system behavior by examining measured data. Beyond mere numerical analysis, you will find significant insights and recommend improvements to power control algorithms and architecture. You will apply data analytics to explore and improve device power and performance.
Education & Experience
A Master's Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related degree as well as 3+ years of relevant experience or PhD in related fields.