Data Security Engineer- Apple Data Services
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
The Data Services Security team is looking to hire a motivated and creative candidate to develop and implement top class security standards to safeguard Data at Apple.
- 2-3 years experience as a NoSQL/Cloud Engineer in an active production environment.
- 2+ years implementing security in at least one major NoSQL, Kubernetes and Cloud native data technologies.
- Ability to write programs using Java, Python or Go, SQL and shell scripting.
- This person must have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
The responsibilities of the Data Security engineer will include research, design and apply sophisticated security techniques to secure DATA. The person should be able to engineer solutions for NoSQL/Cloud security. The individual will perform frequent vulnerability assessment, scanning for weak controls, SQL injection detection and testing in a hybrid environment. This position will participate in periodic evaluation of the data store architecture to enforce Apple established security baselines. The position is encouraged to keep up with security updates as the need arises by new governance or security mandates. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering/Technical field or equivalent experience.
- Cloud Certifications
- Experience in designing security solutions for Enterprise and Cloud models using security chaos engineering.
- Experience architecting and developing security solutions for large scale distributed systems.
- Must have track record achieving significant results on complex projects in an often ambiguous and always fast changing environment.
- Must be willing to learn with ability to adapt to changes in fast paced complex environment.