Display Quality Engineer - Mac
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
In this highly visible, hands-on role, you will enjoy the key decision making combined with the on-site problem solving that comes with owning the quality for some of the highest visibility products in the world today. You will lead a team of engineers and managers, developing and implementing quality tools and systems for cutting edge product designs (iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, XDR Display) in a demanding environment. To summarize, -Responsible for leading a team highly qualified engineers and managers in Asia with opportunity to set the expectations around competency, culture and collaboration. -Responsible for developing, applying, revising, and maintaining quality standards for materials, processes and products. -Responsible for quality metrics pertaining to display module performance in the field, at contract/ commodity manufacturing -Responsible for solving complex quality engineering problems in creative and effective ways
- Some background with TFT, LCD and OLED displays, materials, semiconductor process preferred
- Experienced in leading/managing quality engineering teams
- Keen interest in engineering ‘quality’ for new products and processes
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data analysis tools in problem solving
- Project management skills
- Strong social and communication skills, with ability to understand and concisely communicate issues, are required
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced, technically dynamic environment
- High energy and highly motivated, with the zeal to drive closure of issues across cultures
Leadership expectations : • Manage day-to-day operations for display quality in Cupertino. • Lead all quality related issues for desktops and portable displays made by Apple’s manufacturing partners. This person will need to develop a close working relationship with our manufacturing partners. • Provide leadership and guidance to the manufacturing partners to ensure that display panels and modules are manufactured in accordance with Apple specifications and meet Apple quality standards • Ensure quality engineering resource allocation to top issues across product lines and supply chain • Ensure lessons learned from prior projects are used to improve the quality management process, and leads to improved product quality and reliability for next generation products. • Manage prioritization daily and ensure coverage for business critical issues • Aggregate and interpret data from multiple sources to drive decisions. Quality engineering expectations : • Engage resources in NPI development activity to influence design/process decisions • Review Engineering Specifications and be able to provide feedback on manufacturability/ feasibility to Product Design and Engineering teams • Work with Project Teams to define cosmetic and reliability requirements for products. • Drive Spec Relief discussions (Cosmetic, Mechanical, Reliability, Functional) with cross functional team • Evaluate material suppliers quality inspection procedure and develop appropriate inspection methods (Metrology Design). • Design inspection procedures and drive qualifications. • Develop and implement reliability test methods • Design gauges and measurement fixtures, and drive their qualifications. • Conduct Measurement System Analysis to manage the measurement errors. • Drive data collection, verify the data integrity and work with project team (SQE and PD) to ensure process capability, within Standards. • Drive Failure Analysis of Quality issues related to the manufacturing of inks, paints, coatings and/or adhesives and appropriate Corrective and Preventive Actions during all Engineering Builds and Sustaining phases. • Implement Q-Plan/OQC, Contract Manufacturer’s IQC and review SIP to ensure proper inspection plan in place. • Drive Qualification of mass production (scalability) of relevant commodity. • Drive suppliers to meet ramp targets through yield improvement • Establish proper Yield/Capability reporting methods between Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers and . • Establish yield target with suppliers for sustaining projects, and identify improvement opportunities. • Interfaces with other Apple cross functional groups (GSM, Product Design, Project Teams) in order to ensure Supply of Products. • Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills • Clear communication and logical thinking
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering field, MS preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.