Engineering Project Manager - Software Algorithms, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager with demonstrated experience in Data Science, AI, and/or Machine Learning to drive mathematical projects related to ad selection. This role requires the ability to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, marketing, legal, privacy, support and product release.
- 5+ years in project management, program management or product management
- 3+ years experience managing Data Science, AI, and/or Machine Learning projects
- 2+ years experience in agile software development as a core member of a Scrum team, with experience acting as Scrum Master or Product Owner across cross functional domain preferred
- Hands-on technical experience in consumer oriented field is preferred
- Knowledge of consumer privacy concepts and solutions
- Proactive and dedicated, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, ad technology, data privacy, and related legal and regulatory concerns strongly preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience representing product and technology solution details of the teams you lead
- You will act as the representative for a cross functional team focused on building out next generation capabilities in machine learning. - Solid understanding of the work that your team is doing and why, with the ability to facilitate decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. - Track and manage cross functional requirements, timelines and dependencies and communicate project schedules, status and potential risks. Your communication between cross-functional groups is critical. - You will maintain various communication mediums, such as websites and status reports used to communicate goals, current focuses, and progress. - Contribute to the continual improvement and automation of our internal process by improving existing project tools or building new ones as required. - Interacting with all levels of engineers, managers, and senior stakeholders. - Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.