US and Canada Editor, Apple Podcasts
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. You bring a passion for great storytelling and a fierce dedication to your job — and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Podcasts offers stories that entertain, inform, and inspire, and delivers over one million shows to listeners in 175 countries. In addition to iOS, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and Mac, Apple Podcasts also has a skill on Amazon Alexa. But we’re just getting started. To help listeners discover their next favorite podcast our editorial team curates the service across all platforms. We are looking for a passionate Editor for our Apple Podcasts service in the US and Canada to help drive this effort. Do you have a passion for introducing the incredible creativity at the heart of podcasting to listeners? Then we want to hear from you! You will be located in Los Angeles and report into the Worldwide Head of Podcast Editorial.
- You love podcasts and audio storytelling more than anything and have an extensive knowledge about the field, even beyond your own personal tastes.
- Experience (5+ years) in curation and programming in the media or entertainment industries.
- Passion for and understanding of Apple brand and products.
- Comfortable delivering against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Extraordinary social and relationship-building interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance priorities at all times.
- Ability to analyze and communicate results, analysis and insights clearly and effectively to leaders with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- Integrity, a sense of humor, and excellent interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will: Curate the service editorial experience into a compelling on-platform offering. Build quantifiable programming campaigns to drive awareness and engagement. Manage a content roadmap and campaign calendar and share and work collaborative to reflect topical cultural moments through relevant campaigns. Manage and evaluate pitches from internal and external channels. Work with various international teams to manage the scheduling of new releases and execute on promotions. Maintain the Apple tone of voice and branding across our storefronts. Follow a style guide, and work with content management systems. Work with internal partners including Analytics, Marketing, Business Affairs and Production providing podcast strategy expertise. Engage specifically with colleagues in Toronto and Montreal to serve our audiences in Canada, both English and French speaking. Fulfill our editorial mission for new and existing users every day.
Education & Experience
BA/BSc degree in a related field is a plus. An MBA or equivalent with media or marketing focus is valued but not required.
- French language skills are a plus.