Product Manager, Apple TV App
Culver City, California, United States
At Apple, we don’t just create products. We create products, services, and experiences that redefine what customers expect and revolutionize entire industries. Be part of a team that dreams up what’s next, and that does everything necessary to make it happen. Bring your passion, dedication and focus, and help invent the future! We’re looking for a seasoned and passionate Product Manager to join the team working on the Apple TV app. You will contribute to the product strategy, development, and launch of new experiences that enable customers around the world to discover and enjoy their favorite TV shows and movies in the Apple TV app. As a member of the Apple TV app Product Management team, you’ll help define the product experience across all devices, ensuring customers can easily find and enjoy movies and shows the first time, and every time they open the Apple TV app. You’ll also be responsible for a set of features that grow movie purchases and rentals, and increase engagement across subscription video in the Apple TV app. You’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams including fellow product mangers on the Apple TV team, as well as your counterparts across business, marketing, design, and engineering to just name a few!
- 5+ years of experience in product development.
- Prior experience in digital media / entertainment.
- Successfully launched new products or features working closely with designers and engineers.
- Experience with digital transactional and subscription video services.
- Proven ability to evaluate new technologies, articulate customer insights, test, learn, and make clear, analytical recommendations.
- Expertise in communicating feature definition with Design and Engineering.
- Track record of identifying market opportunities and articulating competitive differentiators.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and get results while juggling many priorities and under tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Mastery in writing product positioning materials, and experience working closely with marketing and PR on customer messaging.
- Comfort with ambiguity as this role will evolve based on strategy and product priorities.
Develop a product roadmap and align on priorities with business, engineering, design, and project management. Use insights and data to create strategy and features that drive both engagement and revenue. Write clear and concise product requirements that capture the vision, goals, and key elements of new products and features. Work across many teams at Apple to communicate product requirements and deliver features, striving for the best customer experience, and with willingness to make smart compromises as necessary. Be an expert on the competitive landscape, and propose new ways to innovate. Initiate, coordinate, and review launch activities and deliverables for new features in conjunction with business, public relations, AppleCare, marketing communications, and many others. Create and deliver formal presentations and conduct group discussions for a broad range of diverse partners across Apple.
Education & Experience
MBA or equivalent experience preferred.