Audio Software Engineer - (User Experience)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. The Audio Product Acoustics team is responsible for the acoustic performance of the EarPod, AirPod and HomePod product lines as well as the design of many of Apple’s hearing health features. We are motivated to share our love of audio so that anyone can be moved by sound the way that we are. We are a diverse team having expertise in acoustic design and integration, algorithm prototyping, critical listening and hearing science. We work daily with cross-functional teams to find innovative solutions to complex engineering issues. We are searching for a software developer who is passionate about pioneering new features in the hearing health space.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Self-directed, creative individual with ability to rapidly prototype interactive UI/UX
- Proficient in Swift/Objective-C. Knowledge and experience with C/C++ is a plus
- Familiarity with AVFoundation (AVAudioSession, AVAudioEngine) and creating Audio Units
- Strong understanding of software architecture, algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming with a keen eye to design patterns and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of audio signal processing and hearing science is a plus
Within this role, you will be applying your creativity in the development of compelling prototypes and product features. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing software solutions for new applications. Additionally, you will develop comprehensive unit tests and work closely with software integration and QA teams to ensure a high degree of quality.
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field, but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise in audio software development, we still want to hear from you.