Senior iOS Engineering Manager - Apple Books
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Books is a beautiful app which is loved by its users. It is shipped with every iPhone, iPad, Watch and Mac. We offer great stores for digital books and audiobooks, amazing reading and listening experiences. We are passionate about creating excellent user experiences and growing the business. We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational leader with excellent qualifications, who lives for the best customer experience, is passionate about building great software and cares deeply about building and strengthening a great engineer team and culture. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the client part of new features and will have a strong team of engineering managers and engineers reporting to you. You will be hands-on, work in a fast-paced environment and deliver a world class product that delights our customers and helps grow the business. Imagine what you could do here!
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering management experience.
- 5+ years experience in building complex apps and systems with a focus on software architecture & design, multi-threading, memory usage and performance.
- 5+ years experience developing iOS / macOS apps or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience developing with ObjC / Swift or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers and managers.
- Excellent software architecture & design, programming, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Result oriented and deadline driven.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Experience delivering high quality project assignments on short deadlines.
- Deeply care about product experience and the customer.
- Passionate about delivering and maintaining high quality software.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Experience using and understanding UIKit, CoreFoundation, CoreAnimation.
- Experience working with, writing and debugging app extensions, XPC services and/or daemons.
As a leader and engineering manager you will lead the engineering team in developing new features, improving existing features and improving the internal quality of the Apple Books app. You are expected to be hands on and in the details in all phases of development — planning, execution and the end game. You will work closely with design and product to implement features for upcoming releases. You’ll work with engineering and projects managers in Apple Books to figure out architecture, work-breakdown, estimates and schedules. You will bring your experience in software development, design and architecture to work with the managers and their teams to further improve a large existing code base. You will help develop managers and senior technical leaders within your team. At Apple we are firm believers in collaboration, and we believe that building professional partnerships with teams across the company is the key to success.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent work experience.