Product Design Engineer - Health Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a member of Apple’s Product Design Team, you will help conceive and implement exciting new technology for Apple’s future products. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer to join a cross-functional team to help drive the implementation of health, wellness, and fitness product features.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience as a mechanical engineer, or equivalent.
- Experience with medical, health, wellness and/or fitness devices preferred.
- CAD skills (NX preffered)
- Basic GD&T knowledge, tolerance analysis, experience creating and releasing 2D drawings
- Wide knowledge of basic engineering materials and materials selection processes
- Experience working within small teams of engineers (i.e. 3-5 people)
- Consumer electronics cross-functional knowledge: Industrial design, PCBs and flexes, EE, silicon, sensors, antennas, batteries, displays, thermals, etc.
- Excellent communication skills: Verbal, written, presentations, executive interaction, leading meetings.
- A master of problem solving, including root cause analysis and DOE creation. Ability to break down complex problems into actionable parts.
- Experience and comfort with electromechanical systems (mechatronics, robotics, actuators, motors, controls)
- Experience using CAE / simulation tools (eg. multibody dynamics, electromechanical systems, circuits, Matlab
The position requires a hands-on can-do attitude and a passion for exploring all aspects of design. You will conceptualize design solutions, create 3D CAD, build prototypes, evaluate options, and analyze failures on your way to qualifying products into mass production. You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Antenna Engineering, Reliability, Packaging, Safety and Marketing
Education & Experience
BSME required MS preferred Ongoing professional education in leadership and/or technical skills is a plus