Firmware Engineer - Apple Accessories
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a hardworking and inventive Firmware Engineer with the desire to research and craft solutions that do not yet exist? Will you join us to design, develop and ship products that set the standard for our industry? The Apple Accessories Firmware team wants you to help us build the next generation of accessories that will empower millions of customers to fully utilize and enjoy the ecosystem of Apple products. • We want you to join us if you are driven to contribute your talents to outstanding projects with wide-ranging responsibilities from initial concept stages through delivery. • You will be deeply involved in low-level micro-controller firmware design and implementation, as well as overall system integration. • You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. • We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company to successfully deliver our accessories to market.
- We believe that 4 or more years of proven excellence in firmware, device drivers, or equivalent experience will best prepare you to contribute to our projects. However, we encourage you to apply with any level of experience.
- Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team.
- We value your expertise designing embedded firmware, especially experience with ARM micro-controllers.
- Your proficiency in C/C++ will empower you to thrive here, as will using scripting languages like python to ensure our projects are successful.
- Experience with system bring-up and validation will pay off as well. We collaborate with hardware engineers to design and develop Accessories across the product line, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Audio Products such as the groundbreaking new AirPods and HomePod.
- Prior experience with SWD/JTAG debug and familiarity with schematics is also valuable to our team.
Our products are state of the art in every way: • Design • Integration • Connectivity • Power consumption • Reliability • Fabrication • Manufacturing scale • You will play a significant part in the development of products with all of these characteristics by engaging in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into our designs. • You will fully engage to contribute at every stage of the Apple product development cycle, from concept to production, driving both individual product features and overall system validation activities. • You will partner closely with various team members on activities ranging from schematic-level design and firmware development to system debug, root cause analysis, and corrective action. • You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues. • Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Come join the Apple Accessories Firmware team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
• BS/MS/PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- You will work with us from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, California and participate in domestic and international travel. Our team goes on-site for manufacturing support to ensure success. It's one of the most exciting aspects of the job.