Retail Platform Architect, Web Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of word-class communications. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun and celebrating our accomplishments along the way. Beyond the web experiences, the Technology teams in Marcom are responsible for systems infrastructure, application platforms, development tools and applications delivered to customers on apple.com (http://www.apple.com). We are looking for a top-tier web application Architect for our front-end development and delivery platforms. This person brings a strong understanding and genuine passion for software development, is hands on in research and in working with others to design and build the essential architecture to best suit the solutions. You have an eye on best practices while leading creative problem solving on technology projects. This role is critical in the evolution of Apple’s brand by working with the team taking apple.com to the next phase of its evolution.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional software development experience with back-end and front-end development teams working on web application projects
- Minimum of 5 years leading application development as a Senior Tech Lead or Architect role for sites that receive high traffic and have a high degree of stability
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing highly scalable web applications, secure and stable quality and support approaches for maintenance and enhancements
- Demonstrated background developing web sites with a full stack mindset and approach (front-end, APIs, back-end services)- how they scale, how performant they are, how they work with other services, and how they may break
- Ability to align tech approaches and investments to business goal and size technical efforts accurately
- Knowledge and leadership on integration with CI/CD pipelines, test automation, multi-variant testing
- Deep experience with database architecture (e.g SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, FoundationDB, Postgres) scalability, performance and tuning techniques
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps and deployment responsibilities for application delivery, performance, monitoring and reliability
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes), configuration management systems, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Dedicated problem-solver who can take initiative and work in a fast paced environment, quickly address issues with teams and balance multiple, rapid release cycles
- Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with an attitude of collaboration
Develop appropriate architectural designs and analysis to meet business requirements and technical strategies. Lead and or participate in proof-of-concept projects to vet technology choices and approaches. Document and present findings, research and engineering plans with partners and stakeholders. Establish development relationships across other Apple engineering teams in concert with tech strategies. Assist in mentoring and coaching tech leads and developers to enhance careers.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant experience.