Consulting Engineering Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, our customers need to know that with their significant investments in our technologies, everything’s going to work as promised. We are the ones who make believers out of them. We guide customers on their journey to choose the right technical architecture to achieve their goals. This position can be located in any major city within the United States.
- You adapt to change and find the right path without necessarily having all of the pieces to the puzzle. At Apple, things aren’t always clear but you shift gears and thrive when asked to explore new ground, rather than waiting on others.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do – and always does what’s best for Apple.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is needed for success. Understanding how business financials work, and strategies for sustaining profitable growth, are key to staying ahead of the competition. You analyze the market and think beyond the short-term.
- You see the world through the eyes of the customer by deeply understanding their business needs, challenges, and concerns. At Apple, we obsess over how people experience our products and services. You not only meet our customers’ expectations, but you exceed them.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to build and motivate a team. You create an environment that is collaborative and one that empowers team members to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you step up to the plate and mobilize the right resources to ensure all problems are resolved.
- You believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. You’re a dreamer and someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities – with customers and teammates alike. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, patiently listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself – you have strengths, weaknesses and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. Due to changing priorities, urgent customer needs, or a final push to meet a quarterly forecast, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a don’t give up attitude, and finish, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You seize every opportunity and empower others to reach their goals along the way.
- You think clearly. You simplify complex problems and distill big decisions down to their core. It’s rarely easy. Sometimes decisions require you to make tough calls, even after considerable energy has been invested - but you own it. You stand by your deep analysis, wisdom and experience to make quality and timely decisions.
- Apple and third party solutions solve complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that truly shape the future. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead and identify trends that will be critical for growth.
- We build and lead the Consulting Engineering team, providing senior technical sales support through all routes to market, and to internal business units across a global organization. - We assemble the best people, motivate them, enable them with the right tools, and support their technical and professional development. - We are trusted advisors to Apple's Enterprise, Education and Government customers on Apple best practices to transform the way employees work and students learn, and further enable the adoption of the Apple platform. - We understand and communicate our customer needs to sales leadership, while advocating with product marketing and engineering, to ensure sales strategies and product decisions deliver a transformative customer experience. - We act as principal engineers that deeply understand the nuances of an Apple deployment, including management, integration, and security, and build the world’s best team to deliver readiness, enable effective selling strategies, and energize our customers around our products and services. - We are creative, curious, and tenacious problem solvers that deliver high-quality results to improve both customer outcomes, Apple products, and internal sales operations. - We lead complex, customer-facing architecture, development, and deployment conversations, while empowering local technical sales team to succeed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience. - Background in business, consulting, marketing, or other non-technical discipline a plus.
- - 10+ years of experience in sales or technical sales.
- - Experience in leading a technical team with varied technical disciplines.
- - Strong presentation skills with audiences of various sizes and experience levels.
- - Proven track record of uncovering, documenting, measuring, and influencing technical sales requirements for hardware, software, and service platforms.
- - Demonstrated the ability to work with worldwide teams, from leadership, strategy, planning as well as direct customer engagements.