Art Director, Interactive Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of word-class communications. As a member of the Interactive Team, the Retail Art Director designs the Retail platform and interfaces for apple.com (http://apple.com), the Apple Store app, digital signage, and other interactive projects under the limited direction of an Associate Creative Director. This position requires a proven track record of graphic design and art direction for the web and for iOS devices, particularly for the marketing and commerce of major brands; a strong knowledge of interactive creative development processes; and experience developing creative solutions with limited direction.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years relevant (preferably agency) experience specializing in visual design for the web.
- Using design software, including but not limited to, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Demonstrated ability in art directing production designers, photographers, and illustrators
- Experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication
- Expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, and collateral
- Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process, including typical time and resources needed to produce quality work on time, with efficiency and to specification.
Developing innovative and on-strategy designs and experiences which are highly resolved from a formal perspective, and which meet the objectives of the assignment. Solving problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader interactive team, including writers, UX designers, creative technologists, and developers. Presenting persuasively and clearly articulating design rationale Communicating effectively — verbally and in writing — with other creatives and product managers, engendering trust and respect Accountable for successful conception and execution of visual creative direction. Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group. Serves as a resource to, and supervises the work of, production designers.
Education & Experience
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or related design field preferred.