Business Planning Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
`Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The People Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Analytics team is looking for a hardworking and a multifaceted individual to craft detailed financial strategies and operational improvement plans for supporting key leadership priorities. In this role, you will be responsible for working on high-impact performance improvement initiatives and running ongoing business planning activities globally. You’ll drive a robust, consistent and clear communication strategy that is aligned with our Goals in partnership with the leadership team and business partners from Finance. This position is on site in Cupertino, California.
- 3+ years of Finance experience in a high performance and high growth organization
- Solid background as a Project Manager; in high tech industry a plus
- Strong logic/analytical skills with the creativity to develop robust analytic and problem-solving approaches and an eye for continuous process improvement
- Solid verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to articulate results of analysis in easy to understand terms
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong presentation software (e.g. Keynote) skills and storytelling experience
- Ability to be strategic and see the big picture
- Ability to work independently and within a team and highly-matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills and utmost attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and thrive in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Experience in Human Resources is preferred
- (SOWs) against budget and initiate Purchase Requisitions (PRs)/Purchase Orders (POs) for all tracks. - Follow up on PR/PO from creation to closure for all tracks in collaboration with Finance teams. - Maintain PO/invoice tracker including all the Professional Services vendor information and status. - Update pending invoices summary weekly. - Prepare and publish monthly open PO detail report/actuals to date vs. budget and forecast. - Resolve any issues on SOWs, PR/PO and Invoices with responsible internal/external partners. - Analyze department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls. - Manage travel budget, process, and actuals with track leads on monthly basis. - Manage equipment procurement (AOU) budget, process and actuals with track leads on monthly basis. - Prepare and publish monthly budget summary (actuals to date and forecast by track, by track/vendor, by track/Capex/Opex, etc.), Project by Vendor Summary, Project by Track Summary, actual and future Travel report by track lead, Headcount report, AOU requests and Updated Project List with Project Codes, Updated Vendor List, etc. on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. - Prepare and publish Monthly P&L Forecast to Planned to Actuals for professional services, travel, supplies, equipment, actuals to date for AOU by track lead, etc. including overall summary, line item roll up and cost center breakout. - Handle accruals for all tracks including accrual report by track, billings status, and Aging POs/POs to be closed. - Submit Quarterly Final Accrual Report to Finance team after approvals are obtained. - Work with business to determine capitalization amounts and to complete capitalization form with project details. - Manage depreciation model and submit Quarterly Capitalization and Depreciation Report with actuals to date and forecast by track lead each quarter. - Conduct deep dive sessions with the business planning core team on Quarterly Business Review. - Collect and consolidate Fiscal Year Budget Plan including P&L summary, actuals to date/forecast, open PO and actuals by vendor per track, professional services requests, headcount requests, and travel requests from all tracks including all the detail backup data. - Create Keynote presentation on Fiscal Year Budget Plan including Headcount Ask/Status, Prof. Services Spend Details by Vendor/by Project, Bridge, Focus Areas/Strategy, etc. - Prepare and publish Budget vs Actual reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis. - Publish Weekly Status Report (WSR) for Business Planning team to management. - Provide consulting with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation. - Set up clear and effective financial management processes and ensure that all team members understand and are following them at all times. - Maintain efficient management system, publish meeting minutes, and repository sites for documents. - Prepare and conduct regular budget review meetings with Business Planning Core team, Track Leads and Finance teams. - Design, develop and deliver insightful reporting and metrics/dashboards to drive financial and operational excellence.
Education & Experience
Bachelorʼs degree in Finance.