Apple Media Products - Platform Security Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- Experience designing security engineering solutions to seek platform-level security issues and concerns.
- Understanding of common Identity and Access Management in a backend services/platform environment
- The ability to reason about risk in a complex, multi-tier platform environment
- Experience with cloud technologies and a “Cloud First” approach that is centered on modern design principles like infrastructure-as-code, immutable deployments, etc.
- Experience working with business units to identify critical assets and define high risk activities around those assets.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
The Apple Media Product (AMP) portfolio of services is supported by a significant infrastructure footprint hosted across multiple discrete platforms. The platform security architect will be responsible for ensuring this underlying platform is well designed and well implemented with respect to security. This requires collaborating with platform engineers and platform SRE to identify and prevent/remediate security issues at all stages of the platform lifecycle. This role also requires close collaboration and interaction with external AMP stakeholder (e.g. Apple’s central information security team) to ensure there is alignment and buy-in for AMP’s platform security strategy. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with a strong security architecture background who is interested in working directly in a business unit to reduce business risk and improve product security.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 5+ years of experience in a product security or security architecture role.