Software QA Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, quality is in everything we do, and as the Technology Development Group Systems QA Manager you will be managing a team of quality-focused engineers responsible for upholding that standard. You will work cross-functionally to identify and highlight key issues in a dynamic environment facing exciting new challenges daily. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a real passion for product usability. The TDG Systems QA team ensures quality for projects in the AR/VR space by focusing on two areas: system-level manual testing and system stability. Our Graybox Test Engineers test to objective metrics with customer experience in mind and our Stability Development Engineers build automated tests for iterative or long-term measurements of quality. Come join our team and use creativity and innovation to build experiences that our users will love!
- Customer focused: You are passionate about the customer experience and how we can improve it.
- Great teammate: Excellent internal and cross-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Priority driven: Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Technically agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Executive presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience.
- AR/VR experience: Understanding of core concepts (geometry, 3D graphics, physics) that underlie the team’s area of focus.
- Bring technical depth to help solve challenging and novel problems and enable quantitative measurements of quality. - Deliver clear reports to partners and executives as products under test move through each development phase. - Take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution. - Balance priorities between short term results and long term infrastructure improvements. - Continuously improve tests and processes with a drive towards innovation and automation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related field.