Supply Chain Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Supply Chain Program Manager on the Channel Store Operations (CSO) team. The Supply Chain Program Manager will be responsible for working with global cross-functional teams to drive operational excellence in deploying Sales Programs. The Supply Chain Program Manager is a highly visible role that will be responsible for supporting the alignment of revenue projections with sales forecasts and material requirements as well as owning global supply chain strategies and plans. This role cuts across Operations and Channel to gain efficiencies in Apple’s Channel New Program roadmap to improve offerings in the indirect channel’s route to market strategy. Overall, the candidate plays a meaningful role in ensuring operational success for all Channel Programs!
- 5+ years operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry. Prior experience in supply chain, project management, product planning, production control, inventory management, or production/manufacturing operations is strongly preferred.
- Combine a solid understanding of world-class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- Analytical, curious and creative mind set, ability to see the big picture and zoom into the macro level technical detail.
- A driver who is self motivated and operates with a great sense of urgency and ability to drive progress under immense degree of ambiguity and be comfortable working in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to make key decisions and deliver results under extremely tight timelines.
- Passion for the customer experience.
- Discretion handling confidential information.
- Strong vendor management experience and align with senior level vendor executive on Apple roadmap and deliverables, and coordinate quarterly business reviews.
- Ability to think strategically and develop long term road maps to maximize opportunities.
Work with regional sales operations teams to develop a robust operational plan to support new store expansions. Liaise with WW teams on behalf of the regional teams to plan production and logistics. Drive operational excellence and consistency across all regions through the implementation of standard business planning processes and tools. Analyze demand, inventory, and program usage to develop and manage weekly and quarterly supply plans. Results should meet Apple’s quarterly financial plans, while achieving aggressive time-to-market goals and minimizing finished goods and raw material liability. Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate. Coordinate closely with WW Marketing, Supplier Management teams, and Sales to develop supply plans for program expansion and support while maintaining appropriate inventory levels. Review forecasts with key partners (Sales, Finance, Operations, and Marketing) providing overview of approach and integrating feedback as needed. Partner with global procurement teams to allocate constrained components, ensure ambitious raw material inventory targets are met, and ensure minimal material obsolescence during product transition. Improve planning processes. Identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources, and drive projects to completion to achieve targeted measurable benefits. Present deployment and planning updates on a weekly basis to Operations executive management team. Lead cross functional projects to create and refine processes and tools. Ensure the consolidated forecast model supports current and future sales initiatives and product line or program changes. Plan capacity and lead factory equipment budget. Responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility as this is a strategic supply chain role, interacting with vendors and internal core teams, encompassing critical component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, and materials liability management. Ensure the logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and ongoing material line support. Build allocation strategies for constrained materials by developing models across factories, programs, and lines of business. Provide allocation direction to Global Supply Managers and Apple Suppliers. Identify Excess and Obsolete (E&O) and other material risk, recommend critical course of action to leadership, and own the efforts to mitigate liability to the business. Develop strategic roadmap for the phase-out of obsolete parts and new product materials.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree w/ Supply Chain or Operations expertise preferred MBA/Master’s degree a plus Project Management and/or Supply Chain certifications are a plus
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.