Embedded SW Engineer / Failure Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a hands-on DIY fan to solve phone/computer/electronics problems, love poking/hacking around and reverse engineering to find fix/workaround? If yes, we believe a role in System Debug team will be your right place! We are looking for a great SW engineer to do low level failure analysis/debugging on embedded systems!
- Experience in embedded software development and logical failure analysis by SW methods.
- Good programming skills in low level language such as C, and any scripts (Python, Perl, Shell, Tcl or similar). Assembly is a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Schedule driven. Active/positive, eager to learn and explore attitudes!
- Ownership and leadership to drive the solution of sophisticated problems across multiple teams and domains. Enjoy a fast-paced dynamic environment!
- Good/Plus to have:
- Hands-on experiences on board bring up, debugging embedded system problems such as reset, hang, black screen etc!
- Proficient in use of JTAG SW debug tools and symbol level debug environments (lldb/gdb/Trace32)!
- Reverse engineering diagnosis skills & demeanor to learn and root cause open-ended problems in sophisticated systems!
- Solid embedded system knowledge such as booting process, OS/RTOS, bootloader, driver.
- Strong experience to build and debug with RTOS tools & environments (such as iOS/Android/QNX).
- Driver development experiences on HW interfaces such as UART/USB/I2C/SPI/SPMI.
We will have our new hire be responsible for hands-on failure analysis and system problem root cause debugging using SW methods. Problems are usually open-ended lying on the boundary between HW, core silicon, and SW, happening from system bring up through various pre- production phases to production ramp and field return periods. Top opportunity to work with many great Apple teams and Learn/Master how latest iPhone/iPad/Mac (and more) works!
Education & Experience
Education: BS/BE or higher in CS/CE/EE or related fields.