Enterprise Application / Platform Software Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Identity Management Services team at Apple is a high-performance server engineering team responsible for building large-scale systems that supports Apple’s customer facing services such as iCloud, iTunes, Messages, FaceTime, Online store and others. We are in search of a brilliant software engineer who is self-driven and has a proven track record in design and development of complex, highly available and scalable systems. The candidate should have a passion for software engineering, be innovative and possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Experience in enterprise application design and development of systems using Java/J2EE technology, Single-SignOn, SQL, XML in Linux/Unix environment.
- Direct experience with design/development of highly available, distributed and scalable applications.
- Demonstrable experience in Java, J2EE, XML/JSON, OOD, related development tools and technologies.
- Experience in configuration, tuning, deployment of Application / Web servers such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat etc,.
- Experience in source code management tools like git / SVN.
- Experience in relational, no-SQL Databases, other form of persistence mechanisms and distributed caches.
- Must have experience with relational database models
- Demonstrate innovative and creative thinking capabilities and also have sharp troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in developing multi threaded programs is required
- Sound knowledge in operating systems concepts is required
Join Apple’s Identity Management engineering team as a Software Engineer where you will help build innovative software applications. This is an individual contributor role and requires leading the design and hands-on development of software systems to support existing and new features. Additional duties include architecting and developing systems that are very efficient, secure, highly available, highly scalable, distributed, supportable with good diagnostic and monitoring capabilities. RESPONSIBILITIES - Develop detailed designs and deliver highly scalable and optimized systems. - Write efficient, easy to maintain software that are of high quality - Maintain and enhance existing applications in response to business needs. - Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the software release cycle - Assist in resolving application support issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree(B.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 5 years experience Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 2 years experience
- **Preferred but not required **
- - Experience in C/C++, PKI Service, SSL, application performance turning is a plus
- - Hands-on experience in Oracle database performance turning, optimization is a plus
- - Experience in Identity Management & Security is a big plus (authentication, authorization, provisioning, etc.).
- - Exposure to Project Management skills and tools.