Software Quality Engineer - Education Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to explore new opportunities with a talented and collaborative team? The Apple Cloud Services EDU Quality team is looking for a passionate, highly competent engineer to contribute to the current and future releases of education products. We are a collaborative team, doing work that is extraordinarily impactful and important in the education industry. Our team is responsible for qualifying Schoolwork, iTunes U, ClassKit and other tools supporting iOS and macOS.
- Passion to ship high quality products that users will love
- Proficient understanding of iOS and macOS
- Capable of performing quick triage but also able to “deep-dive” technically when diagnosing problems, and communicate severity and impact
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Outstanding judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting education communities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly multi-functional environment and cross-functional teams
- Experience with user interface software components and demonstrated knowledge of user-facing issues
- Working knowledge of Mobile Device Management is a plus
- Experience of reliability, performance and scale testing is a plus
- This position requires an independent and organized person. You should be a self-motivated
- individual who works well independently and with a team.
- Document Quality Test Plans & test cases and execute manual tests - Provide reliable estimates of planned testing work and track progress regularly against estimates for scheduling purposes - Prioritize testing to account for schedule and risk. Make suggestions to improve testing procedures and strategies - Bring industry knowledge to improve the functionality and user experience of our products as they exist in the classroom environment.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE is required