Maps Senior Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Maps team is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team focussed on building the basemap data delivery platform and pipelines. You will lead a team of highly skilled engineers to build production data pipelines capable of delivering the terabytes of geospatial data that power Apple Maps. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing this team, and for influencing the future of the Maps Data Platform.
- 8+ years building complex data pipelines and big data management systems
- 5+ years leading multiple teams of highly skilled software engineers
- Experience programming in one of: C++, Java, Scala, Python
- Significant experience leading geographically distributed teams across multiple timezones
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for collaboration with partner teams, product management and executives
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of execution and delivery
- Own the roadmap and execution for the Basemap data delivery and data validation platforms. - Collaborate with many partner engineering and operations teams to identify opportunities for new feature development and end to end system optimizations. - Deliver data features to functional partner teams on aggressive timelines. - Establish processes to ensure timely delivery of high quality data with low latency. - Communicate frequently with senior leadership to establish priorities and long term strategic vision. - Provide mentorship and guidance to team leads and ICs distributed across multiple geographies. - Influence the future technology choices of the Basemap data platform.
Education & Experience
Preferred qualifications: Bachelors’ or higher in computer science or related field.
- - Familiarity with multiple geospatial datasets, especially Basemap and business data.
- - Knowledge of big data processing frameworks, ideally Spark.
- - Ability to thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments.