Head of SRE Program Management - Apple Cloud Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team is responsible for the compute, storage, and data analytics for Apple’s services. iCloud, Maps, Siri, and Apple’s content services are a few of our customers. The System Reliability Engineering (SRE) organization provides outstanding operational support and engineering for our infrastructure platforms. We are looking for a senior manager to lead our growing team of SRE project managers. This is a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive, innovation, and team collaboration are the keys to success. This is not just a task based job; you are responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong program management fundamentals are a requirement. You take a personal stake in the services you partner with and the programs your team defines and leads. You have a deep well of positive energy and unbounded passion. You hold yourself to (almost, but not quite) impossibly high standards. You have unshakeable integrity. You’re always asking why. You are as comfortable speaking to executives in open forums as you are with discussing a burn down chart with a team member. We are a fast paced sophisticated team that will help define and deliver the infrastructure, software, security, and system needs that make Apple, Apple. It is crucial to grow and mature our operations and methodologies. Are you ready?
- Strong background in SRE, services infrastructure engineering, and security (non-compliance) program management
- 5 + years of leadership, key decision making and presentation skills
- Able to influence partners without direct authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities. Experience with risk analysis & mitigation
- Organize and participate in requirements or design brainstorming sessions
- Experience leading teams with multiple sophisticated projects simultaneously
- Successful experience running at scale technical / engineering program managers, hiring excellent people, and building high performing teams
- Process re-engineering experience – ability to drive process maturity and optimization initiatives
This role requires partner trust and consistently remove ambiguity by seeking to reduce complexity. This role is pivotal in developing a broad organizational perspective and requires facilitation and execution on strategic decisions as well as maintaining an awareness of what is happening in the industry. The role will support the development of process improvement and standard operating procedures to achieve our effectiveness goals. You will lead and grow managers and teams of extraordinary project managers. Systems within this scope are sophisticated, so you will not only be expected to be able to readily understand complicated and subtle interdependencies, but also to evaluate new requests and new information in light of how it affects or is affected by those systems.
Education & Experience
BS, Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience
- Fluent in software development processes (SDLC).
- Shown ability to organize and lead rapid co-ordinated response efforts.