AI/ML - Platform Software Engineer, Siri Understanding
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Machine Learning team at Apple.
- Experience with designing and implementing large scale, high performance backend services
- Expert knowledge and experience in C++ and Java
The goal of the Siri Machine Learning team is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy. You will design and implement scalable, low latency Siri backend system. We are looking for folks who want to invent the future of Siri and not afraid of challenges. The ideal engineer deals with ambiguity well, writes high quality code and is comfortable in contributing code to both legacy and new systems. You should be passionate about shipping machine learning model inference algorithms and related infrastructure into production. Excellent communication skills will be required to coordinate work across multiple teams to resolve issues.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science with 2+ years experience or Bachelor's degree with 4+ years experience.
- - Experience with iOS/Android platform and/or experience writing Swift code is a strong plus
- - Experience shipping code on device iOS/Android/Windows Phone platforms is a strong plus
- - Experience in one or more scripting language such as Python and Perl is nice to have
- - Experience developing low latency, high throughput machine learning inference engine for models such as neural network is a plus
- - Experience with Conversational AI / Voice assistants, Search Engine ranking is a plus