Sr. Computer Vision Scientist/Tech Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Are you passionate about Computer Vision and feel excited to be part of a dynamic fast-moving environment where no idea is too ambitious? If so, then we would love to talk to you! Our Apple Cloud Computer Vision team is responsible for delivering systems and features at the intersection of cloud engineering and computer vision science. Joining our team, will provide you with a unique opportunity for making an impact across a wide range of Apple products that are used by hundreds of millions of customers every day! We are looking for an outstanding Computer Vision Applied Scientist with a strong research or Applied Computer Vision track record to come and drive some of our critical initiatives. The ideal candidate will lead research and development of next generation Apple Cloud computer vision products. You will collaborate with research and engineering peers from across Apple, and be instrumental in identifying new Computer Vision features.
- 5+years of applied Computer Vision experience in at least one area of computer vision (e.g., deep convolutional neural networks, object detection, tracking, segmentation, image and video processing)
- Strong academic and publication record.
- - Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions.
- - Skilled in explaining, communicating, presenting the analyses and computer vision and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- - Shown programming skills with Python and/or non-scripting languages and deployment.
- - You are self-driven and thrive in collaborative environments with little mentorship and high levels of ambiguity
- - You are a lifelong learner who passionately seeks to improve yourself and the quality of your work
- - You are excited to work together with similar minds in an outstanding team where your skills and expertise can be used to influence future user experiences and products that will be used by millions
We are looking for an extraordinary Computer Vision Scientist who will be responsible for investigating and prototyping exciting new ideas related to Computer Vision features that the Apple Cloud team has shipped, or will be shipping in the future.
Education & Experience
Minimum 5 years work experience with research and development of Computer Vision products. Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields. PhD preferred.