Global Payroll Accountant
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate sophisticated challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. You will support Apple’s growth by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. Team up with Apple, one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact, where you will share in a dedication to perfection by partnering with world-class teammates, all with one unified vision - creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation.” We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity and personal accountability, who value collaboration, work product perfection and proactive thinking. The Payroll team is looking for a Global Payroll Accountant to join the team in Austin, Texas.
- 5+ years of related commercial working experience, preferably in a fast paced MNC Shared Services environment
- Experience in SAP's system will be an advantage
- Mature, responsible, driven and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to recognize issues within processes and organizations, while considering functional interdependencies
- Possess a passion for business process excellence
- Strong ability to meet tight deadlines and quickly adjust to changing business priorities and timelines
- Customer centric with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to perform robust business process analysis, recommend and execute
- You will report to the Global Payroll Accounting Manager and as part of a diverse team, you will play an integral part in managing the close activities for AMR entities, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting inline with SOX compliance, Apple policy and US GAAP. - Activities would include preparing & booking journal entries, meeting close deliverables, maintaining and reconciling balance sheet accounts and participating in Quarterly Balance Sheet Reviews. - You will drive process and efficiency improvements through innovation. You will also be working with the team to establish and implement consistent and efficient processes globally. - Being part of an organization that promotes excellence, you will ensure robustness of the processes and internal controls as well as taking personal leadership to develop and drive a strong control environment to maintain the highest standard of controls and compliance. - You will have a strong customer focus, working with corporate, regional and local teams to meet deliverables, support analysis and enhance the customer experience for our key partners. - You will play an active role in ensuring completion and successful implementation of ad hoc projects, making recommendations as necessary to support business operations and solutions.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting is required. CPA preferred.