Senior Engineering Manager - ML & Algorithms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! We are looking for an exceptional hands-on machine learning (ML) senior manager who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will develop, implement and deploy to production new advertising algorithms and supporting capabilities. The position also involves developing a keen understanding of the ad network behavior; detecting meaningful data patterns; assuring the integrity and breadth of the data; measuring user, campaign and app performance; and finally analyzing the results of extremely large-scale experiments. In particular, this position focuses on creating recommendations for our advertisers to help them manage their campaigns in order to help them derive the most value from our platform while creating a health and thriving marketplace.
- You can apply advanced statistical methods and work with large, complex data sets.
- You can actively participate in investigations into multiple streams of ads quality data, and draw conclusions from data, recommend actions.
- You have experience in some of the following domains: Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Database Systems, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking, Statistics, Game Theory, Auction Design, or other experience with rigorous Quantitative Analysis or Systems Software implementation.
- You have experience developing in Python or Java.
- You are familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages.
- You have a practical understanding of modern machine learning and its components.
- You enjoy working closely with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- You actively manage performance of the team reporting to you and take responsibility to drive its outcome
You will lead the team that defines, refines, and/or refactors our approaches, designs, and architectures to meet the ad network challenges we must solve. You will lead a team of world-class machine learning engineers hungry to apply leading-edge technologies to deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers. You will play a critical leadership role building products which deliver on Apple's privacy commitments and change the way advertising works with data. You will have the opportunity to work on a platform with extreme scale requirements. At Ad Platforms, we are constantly developing products to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for publishers and developers. You will have the chance to lead the design and implementations of the engineering solutions that bring cutting edge ad network algorithms into production in heterogeneous environments. You have the chance to apply cutting edge data engineering techniques, platform engineering approaches, and algorithmic solutions. You will join and contribute to a culture that emphasizes understandability, reliability, resiliency, simplicity, reusability, extensibility, scalability, and productivity. We are one team, nurturing each other’s growth and supporting each other in delivering for our customers and Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field; and experience designing, building, maintaining, and extending web-scale production systems. Experience leading teams that deliver the infrastructure, frameworks, and components that support mission critical ML capabilities.