Sr. Photonics Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Projects Group at Apple is currently seeking an extraordinary hardware engineer to serve as a senior photonics engineer. In this role, you will get a chance to design, develop and integrate new, cutting-edge integrated photonics systems for LiDAR applications. This position requires significant knowledge and experience in high power photonic IC development for electro-optical sensors, semi-conductor and physical optical components, lasers, detectors and semi-conductor packaging technologies, as well as strong communication and team leadership qualities. These skills will allow you to serve as a senior member of a team that will oversee the development and integration of integrated photonics into LiDAR modules for autonomous technology applications. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- M.S. or Ph.D in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field + minimum of 5 years of experience in photonic circuit design, fabrication, and packaging.
- Strong theoretical and experimental background in optical physics
- Solid understanding of lasers, photodiodes, splitters, waveguide built in silicon/III-V materials.
- Demonstrated experience and technical leadership with photonics product development
- Proficiency in simulation and data analysis using MATLAB, Python and any necessary targeted simulation code.
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Define photonic development strategy and roadmap, based on system requirements and architecture. - Lead the development efforts, collaborating with internal and external partners. - Develop clear specification and verification plans for photonics chips and integrated devices, identify critical device parameters based on system performance requirements - Participate in design reviews - Work with internal and external manufacturing teams to define fabrication process and test requirements - Evaluate photonics engines, reconcile empirical data with simulation results, work with vendors to define and implement necessary improvements Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace