LiDAR Characterization Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Special Project Group is at Apple is currently seeking a LiDAR characterization engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for testing and characterizing overall performance of LiDAR modules, both stand-alone and integrated onto target platforms. This position requires expertise in multiple different disciplines: optical-electronics, signal processing, and SW development and automation. You will play a key role in the development and integration of LiDAR systems for autonomous technologies. Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- M.S. or Ph.D in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field + minimum of 3 years of experience in product development, or design verification and/or application engineering.
- Strong knowledge and experience with optical systems and some experience or deep familiarity with LiDAR systems is necessary.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (such as Python/MATLAB), software development languages (such as C/C++), and statistical analysis software (such as JMP)
- Excellent critical analysis, statistical analysis, and logic/reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and leadership skills
- Define and execute characterization and verification plans, develop quantitative metrics to evaluate performance and impairments, and specify in lab setups and real world validation scenarios. - Architect, design, execute test system and environment - Execute characterization plan, including any necessary test data management and test automation - Perform data analysis and generate quality characterization reports - From module/system level characterization results, identify causal relationships to component design parameters, including mechanical/electrical/optical/signal processing blocks. - Technical leadership to identify and drive performance improvements opportunities with cross-functional teams. - Vendor engagement and data analysis. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their loved ones in important ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace