NLP Machine Learning Engineer, ISE - Proactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Picture yourself working on ground breaking technologies that drive on-device intelligence at Apple. In the Language Intelligence team, we bring together machine learning, linguistics and software to power the world’s best software keyboards and text input systems. Our diverse, multifaceted team delivers intelligent and highly performant technologies that interpret user's input on the software keyboard using state-of-art deep learning. We use the power of machine learning to enhance a wide range of on-device text input technologies, like QuickType, QuickPath, auto-correction, predictive typing and other solutions that are at the intersection of machine learning and NLP. We are looking for a creative and passionate machine learning engineer to drive innovation and new features in keyboard input on Apple’s platforms.
- Hands-on experience with building ML applications (training and inference)
- Proven deep learning fundamentals
- Expertise in using open-source ML toolkits, e.g. scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow
- Experience writing complex Python code
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
As a member of the team, you will work with a diverse team of machine learning, data science and software engineering professionals to design systems and architectures for advancing user input on software keyboards. The position will involve all aspects of the use of machine learning technologies in software, including design, implementation, algorithms, correctness, user experience, and performance. You will gain exposure to state-of-the-art technologies in deep learning and NLP, and your work will have a direct impact on millions of Apple’s customers!
Education & Experience
Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, machine learning or a related field
- Passionate about keyboards & typing
- Industry experience with machine learning
- Experience in Signal processing, speech recognition or natural language processing is a plus