Apple Media Products - Sr Software Engineer - Sports, TV app
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in building products used by more than a billion people? What happens when the world’s most innovative engineers collaborate with the world’s most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. In the TV App Services Teams at Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Meet the re-inventors: The Apple TV Services teams built and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch sports, and so much more. Today, these teams also handle one exciting realm at Apple: They bring viewers the sport experience to access NBA, NFL, MLB and much more games. And they’ve engineered it so sports can be enjoyed on Apple devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to efficiently ingest, process and display sport data. They also integrate at the OS level to build the best user experiences with the Siri ecosystem. This group is seeking a talented Front End Engineer to help design and develop new experiences for our customers. Join them to see what else is possible!
- At least 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Significant experience with Objective-C, SWIFT, UIKit, and the iOS or tvOS SDKs
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Track record in debugging and optimizing code for performance using instrumentation
- Sports enthusiast
- Work on client side with the iOS, iPadOS platform & UIKit teams to build compelling sports experiences - Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and software engineers in a fast paced, technically demanding environment
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.