iOS Power Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making battery life great on devices that are used by millions of people? Do you enjoy solving challenging problems? Do you feel comfortable working with many cross-functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
- Strong system level understanding
- Good coding skills, preferably in C/C++/Objective C
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Good understanding of networking concepts
We are looking for motivated engineer with excellent problem solving and communication skills. In this role, you’ll work with cross-functional teams to optimize power across all layers of software stack for features in next generation iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and Watch. To be successful in this role, you must have a keen interest in understanding how things work end to end, and be able to think of innovative solutions to improve battery life, while always delivering great end user experience. It will also require a strong systems background, a good sense for software architecture, and strong debug/triage skills.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
- Preferred skills and experience:
- • Mobile systems experience/understanding
- • Experience working with many cross-functional teams
- • Good understanding of one or more of Cellular modem or WiFi subsystem.
- • Good understanding of operating system conceptsPreferred skills and experience:
- • Mobile systems experience/understanding •