Find My Server Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. You will work with us to build an extraordinary development team. Find My team has evolved from the basic premise that we can build strong and meaningful experiences surrounded by the remote knowledge of the location of your devices and your closest friends. We recently took that evolution farther than ever before by turning Apple’s ecosystem in a global crowd-source network, the largest in the world to help people find their devices, even if they don’t have a network connection via a feature called Offline Finding. Now we need your help to take this again to the next level, empowering an ambitious roadmaps of services and solutions that harness the power of a secure global worldwide crowd-source network. This is a hands-on role in the development of software systems to support existing and new product features.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional, programming position
- Strong Java Expertise - including but not limited to: Core Java, Multithreading, non-blocking IO, gRPC/Protocol Buffer
- Strong in Java Performance Tuning, scaling Web Services and API definition
- Expert in Java and Concurrency
- Experience writing REST based services using Netty or similar frameworks
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-functional team on high-profile, critical projects.
We’re looking for people who love to build phenomenal products, to build frameworks used by ourselves, other teams, and the developer community. This role requires working closely with cross-functional teams to effectively coordinate the complex interdependencies inherent in this role. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other multi- functional teams in a fast paced environment will be meaningful attributes to possess.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required