Business Affairs Negotiator (Film), Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
Apple Inc.’s Worldwide Video Division is seeking an experienced film executive to join its Business Affairs department as lead Negotiator for Film. Reporting into the Lead Business Affairs Negotiator on the film side for Apple TV+, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in negotiating film production and acquisition deals at a motion picture studio, SVOD service, film distributor, major talent agency or law firm.
- 5 or more years of film-focused experience in in a motion picture studio, SVOD platform business affairs department, film distributor, major talent agency, or entertainment law firm with a practice focused on original feature films.
- Extensive knowledge of film development and production transactions, including writing, director, acting, and overall and slate deals, IP acquisition/chain-of-title, contingent compensation structures, and agency package arrangements. Strong preference for a candidate with familiarity in dealmaking with global SVOD platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of independent film business and film acquisition, with a particular focus on transactions with global SVOD platforms.
- Strong familiarity with theatrical distribution arrangements and exhibitor relations.
- Strong familiarity with all applicable film guild agreements, production budgets, and industry comps.
- Excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to successfully work with a range of personalities and styles.
- Strong industry relationships and in-depth negotiation and drafting experience. Enthusiasm to develop new business models in a dynamic and rapid-fire market.
- Passion for film and filmmakers and the creative process of bringing premium film content to life.
- Familiarity with television business affairs, international production, and content distribution a plus.
Negotiate and structure a high volume of complex deals related primarily to Apple’s original and acquired film content, including scripted films and documentaries at all phases of development and production. Attend key film festivals and lead negotiations for film acquisitions. Rigorously develop and analyze deal structures and advise on strategy, costs, talent relations and other information relating to the development, production, and licensing of Apple film content. Work closely with internal teams, particularly creative, finance, and legal affairs departments. Act as a business liaison between Apple and the creative & business community for film content. Draft and negotiate short-form deal memos and term sheets, review longform agreements for accuracy, coordinate internal fulfillment of contractual commitments. Review film budgets and other financial information. Provide additional business affairs support in television transactions as needed. Provide general business counsel in a rapidly changing business and tech environment.
Education & Experience
Juris Doctor (JD) and active member of the California State Bar and/or MBA preferred.